Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Haven: Day Three

How was your day? Again, I'm really enjoying all the ways that you are creating a haven in your homes!

Confession: I did not do well at making my home a haven today.

We had Classical Conversations this morning and left the house about 7:30. We left there about 1pm and did a quick run to Target before going to a baby shower which got us home just before 4pm. Whew - we really weren't in our haven today!

I did manage to work on a bunch of laundry, do some tidying and then we went to IHOP for free pancake day.

I'm feeling very behind in so very many ways. But, I have to remind myself that I just keep doing the best I can each day and will only get caught up (or more caught up) by just doing the next thing and keeping going.

Tomorrow - here's what I'll be focusing on:

* Quiet Time - spending extra time in prayer

* Home - working on some needed chores, cleaning

* Family - make a nice dinner with dessert; go with the girls to watch them sing in church for the evening service

I would love to add about 50 more thing to that list - but I need to be realistic! What are your plans for the day?


7 comments:

~katie~ said...

Monica,

I echo what you said about just doing the next thing to catch up...I've been feeling that way for awhile! (Good reminder.) These haven posts have been refreshing! My focus for tomorrow will be productivity and doing everything with a cheerful heart no matter how many "hiccups" appear! *Colossians 3:23, right?!*

Blessings,
Katie

Cortney said...

Monica,
Today I felt pretty productive and finally sent off some letters I've been meaning to send out for a while. I spent some sweet time with Jesus this morning and finised up all the laundry. I went to the grocery store to finally buy some meat, I've been living off veggies and carbs for a while. My fiance was happy to have a well-rounded meal tonight, I even tried a new asparagus receipe!
Again, thanks for inspiring me this week to continue making my home a haven!
Tomorrow I plan to clean the kitchen and finish reading a book.

Mrs. T. said...

Lots of catching up here as well, especially in this season of sickness. I just always think of the time that my mother came after the birth of one of my children and actually got all our laundry "caught up" ...only to find that there was no place to put it all!Sometimes being caught up isn't all we think it is :).

It has been nice to see what other mothers are up to in their homes!
Blessings,
Cassie

being molded said...

Learning to do one thing at a time. I have the habit of beginning to straighten an area (kitchen), leaving it to put somwthing away(livingroom) then not amking it back to the kitchen and straightening the living room. It's really begun to frustrate me. I plan to clean our downstairs today. Finishing a room before I begin another. We shall see how it works out!
I also have to prepare a bit more for AWANA tonight.
Have a wonderful day~
Cindy

Debra said...

Hi-
I find those days that I leave the house early and come home in the late afternoon are not hugely productive on the homefront but I know I am accomplishing other things.

On Tues. it was the same for me - I left about 7:30, went to my PTA board meeting. Came home to get some work done for a client and deal with a plumbing issue. Left about noon to cover my husband's phone at work so he could attend a business lunch. Went back to school for the regular PTA meeting. Picked my daughter up at her friend's and got home about 4:20. While I was at home w/ the plumber I was able to get a couple of loads of laundry done - always a good feeling.

Love hearing what others' days are like! Have a good one. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Monica,
I finally got my computer going again. My, but these things are tempermental!

Anyway, I'm enjoying your posts on "Making Your Home a Haven". In my opinion, you always do a GREAT job of that.

I LOVED the little party for Ellie.
How precious of Rachel to want to do that.

I hope you are feeling better, Honey. I'm praying daily for you.

Love you, Grandma

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

I didn't get anything done today either. My dad and I did stop by this cupcake shop in town. it's a brand new shop and we had red velvet cupcakes with cream ch eese frosting. So while we weren't at home, it was still a nice time for us :) :) so I've always got a tr illion things on my list. I really want to get my sewing machine out and use it for something!! So if I can do that this week, it'll be a success :) :) Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)